The LUKEWARM Initiative challenges and seeks to influence:
· YOU to see that you can change the world because Jesus is changing you. With the active power of Jesus’ love working in and through your life, you can support an adoptive family in your church, or adopt someone in need into your Christian family. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” (John 3:16-17)
· YOUR CHURCH or CHRISTIAN GROUP, by bringing Christians together as family to live the way Jesus showed us and taught us how to live: clothe the naked, feed the hungry, care for widows and orphans in their time of need (this is true, undefiled religion – James 1:27).
· ORPHANS and CHILDREN in need of a family who will love and care for them. They (like all of us) are also in need of a Savior, who will adopt them into His eternal family! Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 19:14). “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” (James 1:27)
· WIDOWS (James 1:27), by loving them practically in their time of need.
· YOUR COMMUNITY, by letting them see that the church is not hypocritical, but actively living out our faith in our Savior Jesus, who adopted us into his family. (Ephesians 1:5)
· OUR COUNTRY, by prayerful, humble Christians actively turning away from sin and passivity, and toward our God who promises to heal our land if and when we do so. (2 Chronicles 7:14 – “if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”)
· OUR WORLD, by shining the Way, the Truth, and the Life (Jesus), actively into the dark corners of our planet, through Christian love and adoption.